How to create a project in VB.NET?
In this section we will study “How to create a project in VB.NET?” The steps to create a project in VB.NET are given below:
- Open Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
- Now click on File->New project as shown in the diagram given below:
- This will open a New Project dialog box in front of you as given in the following figure:
- You can create console, web, WCF Services, Windows and so many applications in VB.NET. Here we are going to create a Windows Application so select Visual Basic language and Windows Forms Application from the pane and give it a name as “First Project” as shown in the figure given below:
- Now Click on OK button. This will create a project containing a single Windows form with the file name as Form1.vb as shown in figure.
- You can place a control on the form to develop a meaningful application and you can also rename the form.