HTML Special Character
- There are some special characters and symbols that cannot be used directly. They are called HTML Entities. These may be some reserved characters or some characters that are not present in keyboard.
- For example, if you want to display < or >, HTML may relate them to its tags.
- They can be written by two methods-
- Entity Name: This is a kind of the name of that character or symbol in short. Entity names are case sensitive. These are easy to remember but not supported by all browsers.
- Entity value: This is numeric value for an entity and supported by almost all web browsers.