- You can develop C#.NET applications using Visual Studio 2010 Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
- Visual Studio 2010 can be installed from a CD or by downloading from Microsoft Website at http://www.microsoft.com/express/downloads/.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 was released on April 12, 2010 with .NET Framework 4.0 or you can download latest version from the Microsoft official site.
- Visual Studio 2010 IDE is a powerful environment which contains all the tools you need to develop C#.NET applications efficiently.
- When we create a new window application in Visual Studio 2010, Visual Studio 2010 IDE looks like as given in the diagram:
Following are the tools of the Visual Studio 2010:
Title bar shows the name of the current project, such as WindowsApplication1 in the diagram.
The Menu Bar provides various menus for controlling the various operations of Visual Studio 2010 IDE. It contains various menus like File, Edit, View, Debug etc.
The Standard Toolbar provides some buttons as shortcuts to some of the menu option.
On the extreme left of the Visual Studio 2010 there is a Toolbox as shown in the figure which provides all the controls that can be used in the applications.
Design Window is the middle portion of the Visual Studio 2010 IDE. It is the place where we can design the interface for the form by adding or organizing controls on the form. In this box, just we have to drag and drop the controls from the tool box and these will be appeared on this design view, we can also create the GUI components manually using the custom code.
Solution Explorer present at the upper-right corner of the IDE which displays all the form, modules and other files contained in the application. Here all the folders and files are present related to the project and we can also add or remove any file from here manually.
Properties window present below the solution explorer as shown in above figure. Properties window displays all the properties of a form or control.